Animal Rescue Center Puyo
Volunteers will be working inside the best Animal Rescue Center Puyo that helps rehabilitate endangered animals rescued from deforested land and from the black market in animal trafficking.
Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
– Feeding and helping to rehabilitate the animals before they are released
– Cleaning the cages and keeping the center tidy
– Translating for International Visitors
– Teaching children in local school the importance of environmental awareness
*Please take lots of photos of insects to increase the Animal Rescue Centers database research catalogue.
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
Volunteers will be working deep inside the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest helping to care for animals that live in the property like cheeky clown monkeys, elusive spider monkeys, timid wooly monkeys, as well as other endangered animals like the possum and tapir, rare and exotic birds, snakes, alligators, and frogs. But the center is also working closely to the community and is going to fight against the oil companies that are interested in their lands.
Read this to make sure you have realistic expectations in the Animal Rescue Center Puyo.
Why This is Important:
This Animal Rescue Center Puyo runs one of the most successful breeding and rehabilitation programs in Latin America for endangered wildlife that have been displaced due to deforestation and other rare and exotic animals that have been rescued by police from the cruel multi billion dollar black market animal trade. The rescued animals are free to life safely without fear of poachers and bulldozers on the 53 hectare of pristine rainforest on the Animal Rescue Centers property.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
– Speaks little Spanish at all but still wishes to Volunteer
– A biologist, veterinarian, carpenter, or anyone passionate about the protection of Endangered Animals.
– Interested in breeding and conservation programs for wild animals.
Donations Wish List
– First Aid Box
– Surgical Items (disinfectant alcohol, needles, swabs, stitches, scalpel)
– Microscope to examine parasites
– Microchips for investigation of animal roaming habits
– $485 USD per month
– $435 USD three weeks
– $360 USD two weeks
– $285 USD one week
– Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
– Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / homestay
– Training and Support
– Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
– A Work Recommendation Letter
– Accommodation in Jungle Lodge during the week
– Contribution Towards the Center.
Not Included :
– Transportation from Puyo to the center (15$)
– Lodging during the weekends (but you can stay and pay extra days)
– Meals (there is a local market in Puyo where you can buy food for cooking)
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
1 week minimum
(Maximum 8 Volunteers at a Time)
Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador. You will have to take your own food to prepare meals in the kitchen facilities provided.
For more pictures, check our Facebook Galleries