Cloud Forest Santa Lucia
Volunteers will be living in Cloud Forest Santa Lucia which is surrounded by dense cloud forest with a community that has developed a sustainable way of living off the land. The Cloud Forest is one of Ecuadors most important ecosystems and is home to the Spectacle Bear and an amazing array of bird life.
Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
– Organic Farming
– Trail Work
– Reforestation and Conservation Work
Why This is Important:
Ecuador’s Cloud Forest Santa Lucia is not only a biological hotspot for wildlife in the country it is also an extremely endangered eco-system. By using conservation techniques and developing no-impact tourism in this region will save the cloud forest for generations to come.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
– Speaks basic Spanish
– has experience in organic argriculture
– wants to make a change by the conservation
– has good physical endurance
Price per month:
*Because of the travel costs associated with arriving in this very remote region of Cloud Forest you will not be able to leave the center every weekend.
– 2 Weeks (No Weekend Out) $385 USD
– 3 Weeks (1 Weekend Out) $485 USD
– 4 Weeks (2 Weekends Out) $585 USD
The full payment must be made 2 months before the program starts.
– Transport between Nanegal and Cloud Forest Eco-Lodge
– Mules to carry your luggage to the Eco-Lodge
– An Organic Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner included.
– Accommodation in Solar Powered Eco-Lodge
*Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
– 2 Weeks Minimum
(Maximum 8 Volunteers at a Time)
Check out other travelers volunteer reviews. For more pictures, check our Facebook Galleries
Use the contact form below or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org