Santa Cruz Galapagos Teaching English
In Santa Cruz, Volunteers will be staying in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Galápagos Island. Volunteer work will involve teaching English to the local community. Because of a lack of resources and English teachers, the demand of English courses is extremely high. Our Teaching programme mission is to provide sustainable educational support within disadvantaged schools and communities to reduce inequality in education. Through our volunteers, we aim to empower underprivileged students by improving their future prospects and equipping them with the skills needed to actively engage in a multi-national community.
Santa Cruz Galápagos Island is the best place also for the Island Hopping, you can go to Isla Isabela (2 hours) or the other Islands to discover all the treasures of the Galápagos Islands.
Volunteers are contributing by:
– Teaching English to locals (kids or adults)
– Cleaning the beaches and lagunas from garbage;
– Helping with the recycling.
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
Volunteers will work Monday through Friday.There is no typical day or script to follow. Remember, volunteers are serving in the developing world where conditions can change in an instant. We expect volunteers to contribute wherever the need arises, even if it means being involved in activities they were not expecting to work in. Being able to adapt, adjust and fit in is challenging, but also what makes international volunteering so special.
Volunteers are free to explore the port town and discover the island’s many tourist attractions in the evenings after work and on the weekends.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important:
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biological diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. Every resident is involved in tourism and need to communicate with tourists, so english became a must for them, it’s why it’s important to teach English to the community.
– English books: there are only a few books in the schools, our aim is to create a library so students can borrow them and improve their English;
– color pencils, paper
Price per Person:
– 1 week : 300$
– 2 weeks : 395$
– 3 weeks : 445$
– 4 weeks : 495$
(Maximum 4 Weeks)
– Airport pick-up from Baltra airport;
– Ecuadorian SIM card;
– 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
– Volunteers also receive our exclusive EEV Orientation pack before arrival, providing you with all the information you need before coming to Ecuador (think: do’s and don’ts, what to bring, what to do in Ecuador and health and safety tips);
– Accommodation during your volunteering placement;
– Breakfast is provided daily as part of your accommodation;
– Support from the Volunteer Coordinator & Manager;
– Certificate from EEV once your volunteering period has been completed and a recommendation letter (you just need send us an email to ask for it).
Price Does Not Include:
– Galapagos Islands Park Entrance Fee
– Flight to Santa Cruz, Galapagos – Baltra Airport
Check out other travelers volunteer reviews. For more pictures, check our Facebook Galleries
Use the contact form below or email us at: email@example.com