Santa Cruz Galapagos
In Santa Cruz, Volunteers will be staying in highlands of Santa Cruz Galápagos Island. Volunteers will be leaving in a ranch where the famous giant tortoises live in their natural habitat. The community of the ranch would love to receive the help from volunteers to give tourists information about the ranch, help with their little shop and help them with daily tasks around the domain. Santa Cruz Galápagos Island is the best place also for the Island Hopping, you can go to Isla Isabela (2 hours) or the other Islands to discover all the treasures of the Galápagos Islands during your free time.
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
Volunteers will work 5 days a week depending on the period you’re volunteering and the needs of the ranch. Daily work could include any of the following activities: welcoming tourists, raising awareness and explaining why it is so important to preserve the domain, water the plants, basic construction and trail maintenance. There is no typical day or script to follow. Remember, volunteers are serving in the developing world where conditions can change in an instant. We expect volunteers to contribute wherever the need arises, even if it means being involved in activities they were not expecting to work in. Being able to adapt, adjust and fit in is challenging, but also what makes international volunteering so special.
Volunteers are free to explore the port town and discover the island’s many tourist attractions in the evenings after work and on the weekends.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important:
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biological diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. The delicate ecological balance of the reserve faces serious threats from exotic and invasive species.
Price per Person:
– 1 week : US 285$
– 2 weeks : US 375$
– 3 weeks : US 445$
– 4 weeks : US 490$
* Spanish proficiency is required.
– Support that goes directly into the local Ecuadorian community allowing them to develop their projects;
– Airport pick-up and drop off from Baltra airport;
– Ecuadorian SIM card;
– 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
– Volunteers also receive our exclusive EEV Orientation pack before arrival, providing you with all the information you need before coming to Ecuador (think: do’s and don’ts, what to bring, what to do in Ecuador and health and safety tips);
– Accommodation during your volunteering placement;
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner is provided daily as part of your accommodation;
– Support from the Volunteer Coordinator & Manager;
– Recommendation letter (you just need send us an email to ask for it).
Price Does Not Include:
– Galapagos Islands Park Entrance Fee
– Flight to Santa Cruz, Galapagos – Baltra Airport
Check out other travelers volunteer reviews. For more pictures, check our Facebook Galleries
Use the contact form below or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org