Teaching English Arts Puerto Lopez
If you have a passion for the arts then you can really make a difference by volunteering on our Teaching English & Arts – Puerto Lopez Volunteer Program. By spending time on a performing arts project, you get to impart your knowledge about the art form you specialize in while learning about local traditions in Ecuador.
We have a variety of projects available for you to choose from, including music, dance, drama, paint, yoga and more. As a volunteer on one of these projects, you can have a hugely positive impact on your host community. Whether you are helping children improve their communication skills, teaching teenagers to express themselves through the arts, or promoting local talented musicians, you will have an important role to play.
For volunteers looking to do performing arts, we recommend that you have some background in the area of the project you want to do in order to take on more independent work, though it’s not required to join the placements. As long as you have a general interest and are willing to fully invest yourself in your students, then you’ll have a fabulous time abroad!
Puerto Lopez is located next the National Park of Machalilla on the beach. Machalilla is the only national marine reserve of continental Ecuador. This National Park is home to some of the most pristine and preserved tropical dry forest in Ecuador.
Unfortunately, a lack of resources and knowledge has limited conservation and sustainable management of the area. This coastal town with about 14,000 inhabitants and very charming and authentic fisherman’s town. Puerto Lopez has a sandy beach and it is possible to swim in the sea and to enjoy sunsets.
As a volunteer, you can help the children by:
– Teaching English;
– Teaching environmental awareness;
– Organise interactive activities;
– Teach an music instrument, sing, dance, paint;
– Use Art Therapy;
– Teach Yoga classes; etc.
– 1 week: 250$
– 2 weeks: 300$
– 3 weeks: 350$
– 4 weeks: 400$
*Prices are in $ (US dollars) as it’s Ecuador national currency.
What does the cost includes:
– Support goes directly into the center allowing them to develop their projects;
– Accommodation during your volunteering placement;
– Breakfast is provided daily as part of your accommodation;
– 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
– Volunteers also receive our exclusive EEV Orientation pack before arrival, providing you with all the information you need before coming to Ecuador (think: do’s and don’ts, what to bring, what to do in Ecuador and health and safety tips);
– Support from the Volunteer Coordinator & Manager;
– Certificate from EEV once your volunteering period has been completed and a recommendation letter (you just need send us an email to ask for it).