Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
– Translating for Foreign Guests
– Teaching English to Children
– Community Work
– Organic Farming
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
You will be welcomed into the Shiwiar Amazon Tribe and be expected to help out with everyday tasks in the community that may include organic farming, construction, help in developing the ecotourism program and teaching English and maybe even hunting and gathering in the forest. This untouched area of the Amazon is still incredibly rich in biodiversity which is sustained because the Shiwiar Tribe lives in harmony with nature and leaves a very small footprint.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important:
This Shiwiar Amazon Tribe has rejected attempts by oil companies to destroy its land and instead wants to develop ecotourism there, and receive visitors in exchange for an alternative economic income.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
– Speaks an intermediate level of Spanish at least
– Is able to be completely immersed in a vastly different culture with little contact to the outside world
– Is eager to learn about Organic Farming and get their hands dirty
– Is passionate and patient to teach and learn in the community
This contribution goes towards the community for hosting the volunteer in their community and goes directly towards materials needed for project activities.
Volunteers, students or researchers looking to stay more 3 months or more are considered long term volunteers and will only have to pay the 1 month collaboration
$265 USD per month
$210 USD three weeks
$150 USD two weeks
Volunteer placement deposit
A $200 deposit will be made to EEV in advanced so we can confirm your volunteer placement.
It also includes:
* 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
* Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Orientation in Quito
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
Price Does Not Include
*Meals, however food is relatively cheap to buy in the local market, kitchen will be available for cooking!
* The small chartered flight fare is not included and costs approx. $190 roundtrip USD
*Will assist volunteers in Ecuador to buy this flight
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
– 2 Weeks Minimum
(Maximum 3 Volunteers at a Time)
*Volunteers receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions with Ecuador Eco Adventures
Departure/Return LocationShell, Pastaza, Ecuador
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a departure at 9:30 AM
Return TimeApproximately 8:30 PM
Dress Codelong pants and long sleeved shirt, swimmers, shorts
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown