Santa Cruz Eco Ranch
Santa Cruz Eco Ranch – The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biologically diverse places on the planet, and the local people have finally started to take care of this biodiversity treasure. The delicate ecological balance of the reserve faces serious threats from exotic and invasive species.
Volunteer Tasks – Santa Cruz Eco Ranch
All volunteer activities can be organized and planned before the volunteer arrives. It is important to communicate with the volunteer coordinator and director Kayla in case any ceretain type of materials need to be prepared in advance to carry out volunteer activities.
Daily work could include any of the following activities:
- welcoming tourists
- raising awareness and explaining why it is so important to preserve the domain
- water the plants
- basic construction and trail maintenance
- volunteers who are self-driven can be creative and have the flexibility to create their own activities on the ranch
- Is passionate about teaching and being creative
- Has a positive and open mind
- Able to be self sufficient and open to communicate
- Able to cook their own food (volunteers must bring their own food)
- Volunteers arrival on Sunday at the airport Baltra on the island of Santa Cruz.
- Galapagos director Jonathan will meet volunteers at their accomodation site and give a brief orientation of the Galapagos
- Work Monday to Friday (weekends are free to travel)
- Shared volunteer dorm
- Transportation from Puerto Ayora dock to accomodation site
- Kitchen (Only lunch is provided from Monday-Friday)
The volunteer in Santa Cruz Eco Ranch contribution helps hosting the volunteer in the community and goes directly towards materials needed for project activities.
- $400 USD per month
- $300 USD three weeks
- $200 USD two weeks
- $100 USD one week
Volunteer placement deposit
A $200 deposit will be made to EEV in advanced so we can confirm your volunteer placement.
- 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection
- Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
- Orientation in Quito
- Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
Price Does Not Include
- Meals, however food is relatively cheap to buy in the local market in Puerto Ayora
- Galapagos Park Entrance fee ($100 paid at the airport)
- Flight to the Galapagos
For any questions or interest in volunteerig, please fill out the contact form with your information!