Ecuadors Cloud Forest Santa Lucia is not only a biological hotspot for wildlife in the country it is also an extremely endangered eco-system. By using conservation techniques and developing no-impact tourism in this region will save the cloud forest for generations to come.
– Speaks basic Spanish
– has experience with organic argriculture
– is passionate about conservation
– has good physical endurance
– Organic Farming
– Trail Work
– Reforestation and Conservation Work
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
Because of the travel costs associated with arriving in this very remote region of Cloud Forest you will not be able to leave the center every weekend.
– 2 Weeks (No Weekend Out) $385 USD
– 3 Weeks (1 Weekend Out) $485 USD
– 4 Weeks (2 Weekends Out) $585 USD
The full payment must be made 2 months before the program starts.
– Transport between Nanegal and Cloud Forest Eco-Lodge
– Mules to carry your luggage to the Eco-Lodge
– An Organic Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner included.
– Accommodation in Solar Powered Eco-Lodge
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
– 2 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)