The community has realised that the reason tourists come to Mindo Cloud Forest is because of its pristine forests and large array of birds and animals which means they have to conserve the forest and its wildlife at all costs. Community Tourism projects help guarantee a source of money that does not come from the deforestation and extraction of natural resources from the cloud forest which is one of the only regions left in Ecuador that has not already been destroyed.
– Speaks little or no Spanish at all but still wishes to Volunteer
– Passionate about the conservation of Birds and Bird Watching
– Guiding /translating for tourists
– Help with Bird Watching Tours and Conservation Projects
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
-Volunteers are responsible to bring their own food to prepare meals in the kitchen facilities provided
$485 USD per month
$435 USD three weeks
$360 USD two weeks
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Homestay in shared volunteer accommodation
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
– 2 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)