Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important
By supporting sustainable initiatives, this projects helps the community create a more environmentally frqiendly way of living by encouraging conservation and reducing the reliance on exploiting the natural resources in the environment for money
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program
– Speaks a basic or intermediate level of Spanish and wishes to rapidly improve.
– Is eager to learn about Organic Farming in harsh climates
– Is an avid trekker, camper, or photographer
A Typical Day Volunteering
The Cañarí people of the Nizag Community are an ancient culture who speak the local language of Quichua natively and Spainsh as a second language. Expect to wake up every morning to a fascinating culture that continues the same traditions it practiced during the Incan empire before the Spanish ever arrived.
-Assist with community mingas (community projects)
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
-Volunteers are responsible to bring their own food to prepare meals in the kitchen facilities provided
$485 USD per month
$435 USD three weeks
$360 USD two weeks
$285 USD one week
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Homestay in the Volunteer hut
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering
– 1 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)