This project aims to use coastline conservation techniques as well as the education of the community to preserve this fragile ecosystem.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important
Mangroves are a complex ecosystem that form a natural barrier against the sea on the coast. The fragile ecosystem is a breeding ground for baby fish, shells, clams, oysters, crabs, and other sea animals who require the Mangroves to reproduce. When Mangrove forests are destroyed it directly affects the entire food chain and even threatens migratory birds who rely on the area for food with extinction. Already 90% of Ecuador’s Mangrove Forests have been destroyed.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program
– People who are passionate about conservation
– People with english skills and a good level of spanish
– Anyone who loves the hot weather, and sea food
– Reforestation of Mangroves
– Recycling program in the community
– Teaching english to the community
– Sharing culinary experiences
– Painting a map of a new touristic path
– Maintenance of the Center
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
-Volunteers must bring their own food to the community. There will be a kitchen provided on site.
– $485 USD per month
– $435 USD three weeks
– $350 USD two weeks
– $285 USD one week
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
*Lodging in the Foundation cabans (you’ve the possibility to live with the community if you come alone)
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
*You have the possibility to have your meals with the community for 2$/meal
* Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering
– 1 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)