Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biological diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. The delicate ecological balance of the reserve faces serious threats from exotic and invasive species. Volunteers assist in spreading awareness of this conservation effort at this ecological ranch.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program
– People who are passionate about education and kids
– People with english skills and at least a beginner level of spanish
– Self-sufficient and ready to help wherever it is needed
– Service skills for helping with eco-tourism activities
Volunteers will work 5 days a week depending on the period you’re volunteering and the needs of the ranch. Daily work could include any of the following activities: welcoming tourists, raising awareness and explaining why it is so important to preserve the domain, water the plants, help in the kitchen, basic construction and trail maintenance. The volunteer is very self-sufficient at the ranch, and has the freedom to make the most of their experience by voicing where they can help. There is no typical day or script to follow. Remember, volunteers are serving in the developing world where conditions can change in an instant. We expect volunteers to contribute wherever the need arises, even if it means being involved in activities they were not expecting to work in. Being able to adapt, adjust and fit in is challenging, but also what makes international volunteering so special.
Volunteers are free to explore the port town and discover the island’s many tourist attractions in the evenings after work and on the weekends.
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time to explore the rest of the Galapagos
-Able to be self sufficient
-Provide their own food for breakfast and dinner, which can be bought cheaply at the local market in Santa Cruz
1 week : US $300
2 weeks : US $405
3 weeks : US $500
4 weeks : US $625
* 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Pickup and transportation from Baltra Airport to volunteer site
* Lunch from Monday to Friday
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
* Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
Price Does Not Include
– Galapagos Islands Park Entrance Fee
– Flight to Santa Cruz, Galapagos – Baltra Airport
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering
– 1 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)