Santa Cruz is one of the several islands that can be visited while staying in the Galapagos. On the weekends, volunteers have the opportunity to enjoy exploring the other islands like Isabela and San Cristobal. By having connections with locals through teaching English, volunteers are given the opportunity to get to know the Galapagos Islands on a more intimate level, unlike the typical tourist.
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biological diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. Every resident is involved in tourism and need to communicate with tourists, so english became a must for them, it’s why it’s important to teach english to the community.
– People who are passionate about education and kids
– People with english skills and at least a beginner level of spanish
– Teaching English to local kids and adults
– Assist with organizing interactive activities
– If volunteers are certified through TEFL or TESOL, they have the opportunity to teach their own classes. Otherwise volunteers assist full -time teachers!
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday 3pm – 7pm, with weekends free for leisure time to explore the rest of the Galapagos
-Able to be self sufficient
-Provide their own food for breakfast and dinner, which can be bought cheaply at the local market in Santa Cruz
1 week : US $300
2 weeks : US $405
3 weeks : US $500
4 weeks : US $625
* 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Pickup and transportation from Baltra Airport to volunteer site
* Lunch from Monday to Friday
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
* Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions.
– Galapagos Islands Park Entrance Fee
– Flight to Santa Cruz, Galapagos – Baltra Airport
– 1 week minimum
(Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)