Teach English in Santa Cruz
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biologically diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. Every resident is involved in tourism and need to communicate with tourists, so english became a must for them, it’s why it’s important to teach english to the community.
- English books: there are only a few books in the schools, our aim is to create a library so students can borrow them and improve their English
- colored pencils
- Anything of educational purpose
All volunteer activities can be organized and planned before the volunteer arrives. It is important to communicate with the volunteer coordinator and director Kayla in case any ceretain type of materials need to be prepared in advance to carry out volunteer activities.
- Teaching Assitant with local English teacher who teach to locals and students
- If TEFL certified, will have the opportunity to teach their own class (otherwise will volunteers will be teaching assistants)
- Teachers and assistants will be helping with conversation, grammar, listening skills with students.
- Teachers and assistants will help with creating fun and interactive lesson plans for their classes.
- Is passionate about teaching and being creative
- Has a positive and open mind
- Able to be self sufficient and open to communicate
- Able to cook their own food (volunteers must bring their own food)
- Volunteers arrival on Sunday at the airport Baltra on the island of Santa Cruz.
- Galapagos director Jonathan will meet volunteers at their accomodation site and give a brief orientation of the Galapagos
- Work Monday to Friday (weekends are free to travel)
- Shared volunteer dorm
- Transportation from Puerto Ayora dock to accomodation site
- Kitchen (Only lunch is provided from Monday-Friday)
The volunteer contribution helps hosting the volunteer in the community and goes directly towards materials needed for project activities.
$400 USD per month
$300 USD three weeks
$200 USD two weeks
$100 USD one week
Volunteer placement deposit
A $200 deposit will be made to EEV in advanced so we can confirm your volunteer placement.
- 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection
- Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
- Orientation in Quito
- Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
Price Does Not Include
- Meals, however food is relatively cheap to buy in the local market in Puerto Ayora
- Galapagos Park Entrance fee ($100 paid at the airport)
- Flight to the Galapagos
For any questions or interest in volunteerig, please fill out the contact form with your information!