Teach English in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Galápagos Island is the best place also for the Island Hopping, you can go to Isla Isabela (2 hours) or the other Islands to discover all the treasures of the Galápagos Islands.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important :
The Galapagos Islands is one of the most biologically diverse places on the planet, and the local people started to take care of the biodiversity of their treasure. Every resident is involved in tourism and need to communicate with tourists, so english became a must for them, it’s why it’s important to teach english to the community.
Volunteers are contributing by :
– Teaching English to locals
– If TEFL certified, will have the opportunity to teach their own class (otherwise will volunteers will be teaching assistants)
– Teachers and assistants will be helping with conversation, grammar, listening skills with students.
– Teachers and assistants will help with creating fun and interactive lesson plans for their classes.
– English books: there are only a few books in the schools, our aim is to create a library so students can borrow them and improve their English;
– color pencils, paper,books, maps, anything of educational purpose
$600 USD per month
$500 USD three weeks
$400 USD two weeks
$300 USD one week
* 24/7 emergency contact and support from EEV staff, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers and travel costs for program inspection;
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Pickup and transportation from Baltra Airport to volunteer site
* Lunch Monday to Friday
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the conservation project
Price Does Not Include:
– Breakfast and Dinner (food is available at local markets, and a kitchen will be available for cooking)
– Galapagos Islands Park Entrance Fee
– Flight to Santa Cruz, Galapagos – Baltra Airport
*Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions with Ecuador Eco Adventures
Departure/Return LocationSanta Cruz
Departure TimeProgram Starts Monday
Return TimeLast Volunteer day is Friday
Dress CodeLight clothing for warm weather
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown