Art & English Teacher Puerto Lopez
We have a variety of projects available for you to choose from, including music, dance, drama, painting, yoga and more. As a volunteer on one of these projects, you can have a hugely positive impact on your host community. Whether you are helping children improve their communication skills, teaching teenagers to express themselves through the arts, or promoting local talented musicians, you will have an important role to play.
For volunteers looking to teach performing arts, we recommend that you have some background in the area of the project you want to do in order to take on more independent work, though it’s not required to join the placements. As long as you have a general interest and are willing to fully invest yourself in your students, then you’ll have a fabulous time abroad!
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important
Puerto Lopez is located next the National Park of Machalilla on the beach. Machalilla is the only national marine reserve of continental Ecuador. This National Park is home to some of the most pristine and preserved tropical dry forest in Ecuador.
The park is unique due to the local lack of resources and knowledge has limited conservation efforts and sustainable management of the area. This coastal town with about 14,000 inhabitants is very charming and a authentic fishing town. Puerto Lopez has a perfect sandy beach and it is possible to swim in the sea and to enjoy the sunsets.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program
– People who are passionate about education and kids
– People with english skills and at least a beginner level of spanish
– Artists, musicians,and educators
– Teaching English
– Teaching environmental awareness
– Organize interactive activities
– Teaching a specialty such as music,art, dance
– Use Art Therapy
– Teaching Yoga classes
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
$465 USD per month
$410 USD three weeks
$350 USD two weeks
$285 USD one week
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Breakfast from Monday to Friday
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
– 1 week minimum (Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time)
*Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions with Ecuador Eco Adventures
Departure TimeMonday by 9:15 AM for a departure at 9:30 AM
Return TimeFriday Aftenoon
Dress CodeLight clothing for warm weather
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown